For questions, comments, concerns or to send Jay a message:

You can email Jay at:

The Jay Team will deliver him the message and email you back with Jays response as soon as possible.

You can send mail to:

Jay Thomas
1132 Moro Circle
Placentia Ca, 92870


To comment about a post, click on "comment" below the post you wish to comment.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bob Yant Meets with Jay

On Easter Sunday, Bob Yant and his wife Anne came to visit Jay and his family and Long Beach Memorial Hospital. the visit went well. Bob and his wife spent over two hours with the family discussing a lot about the current developments in SCI research, Jays day to day progress and his upcoming out patient therapy. Jay is making steady progress in PT and gets shaky and cold from time to time, but his willingness to give anything a try, shows that his strong will runs deep. Everyday seems to bring a new challenge, but Jay is not fazed by it. He confronts each obstacle with strength and determination. Jay can't wait to get out of LBM which is scheduled for April 23 and neither can we.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome visit!! So glad it was a good visit.
Looking forward to your trek back up here in P-Town and a good cup of coffee - no meeting coffee or anything... something good like 7-11 or something!! ;-)
see you soon brother!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jay,
I am glad to see you are making progress with your physical therapy. We all miss you a lot at mudders especially your lame-o jokes. Take care and I hope you get better each and everyday.
<3
Nancy-san

jameso said...

Don't give up man. I seriously damaged C-3 and C-4 in a surfing accident (put my head on my left scappula) healed and then re-injured it and blew out two discs (L 10 and L11) lifting weights. Lost the use of my legs for two days; dragged myself around my house. Thank god for prednisone (although it made me put on weight, it restored feeling to my lower extremities (pins and needles) that allowed me to get up and walk).Rehab has been two years of hell and I still don't have my surf skills back; maybe never. But, I'm walking. You can do it; I strongly believe that you WILL walk again. This life event will test you, if it hasn't already, more than anything than you've ever experienced. But, the strength, knowledge, faith, courage and passion you will gain from this, will surpass any experience you have had thus far. Keep working, within the struggle you will find out how powerful the human will truly is. God Bless